Sunday, October 14, 2007
Back to work
Wow, it's been a month since I posted. I don't have any new pictures right now...mainly because I'm too lazy to go upstairs and unload them from the camera. I'll get some up soon, I promise. In the mean time, I have a couple of fun stories to share. First of all, I've gone back to work. I found a sweet lady to keep AnnaLyn for me 2 days a week. She keeps 4 other children as well, and AnnaLyn seems to be doing well there. She enjoys watching the other children. The first week, however, was a challenge. I left Babygirl at the sitter's all day on Tuesday of the first week. She was less than thrilled to see me when I picked her up that afternoon. She was sitting in a swing and another child was pushing her. I had forgotten to tell the sitter that AnnaLyn doesn't like the swing. OOPS. She was in a better humor when we got home and she got to see her brothers. (They make everything better you know) The next day I had Bible Study in the morning, so Babygirl had to go to the church nursery for a couple of hours. Then she had all 3 therapy sessions, and we had errands to run. Needless to say, she didn't get much of a nap, and was in a bit of a mood by bedtime. She was so sleepy I thought she might lay down without her bottle (since I had forgotten to get milk while I was out). I put her in her bed and she stood back up and looked at me like, "What do you think you are doing?? Where is my bottle??" I turned to go out of the room and she looked like she was going to cry and held her hands out to me. Well, she has never done that before. I naturally thought she was stressing out because I was leaving the room, so I went to pick her up and cuddle her. She bit me. She latched on to my chin so hard I was sure there was a trip to the ER in my future. I couldn't get her off. I was amazed to see my chin still intact when she finally released her teeth from my face. Well, she got her point across. (And I sent Hunter out for some milk!!) Thankfully, she has now adjusted to me leaving her 2 days a week, and seems to enjoy being with the other children. I think it will be good for her...........We have our 6 month post placement interview next week. Can you believe she's already been home for 6 months? More incredible than that...she'll be 2 next month. WOW. I have a few more stories to tell, but they'll have to wait. I promise, more pictures soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's good to know that you are surviving the work transition. How in the world are you, btw? I need to just call I guess to get actual info from you :) These little notes back and forth on our blogs just ain't cuttin' it. I need a "steph fix". love you!
Post a Comment