Friday, April 11, 2008

A Year Already???

Oh my goodness!! April 9th was a year since this little angel joined our family. Oh, how the time has flown. We celebrated by going to the most authentic,(but most expensive) Chinese Restaurant in town. As you can see on the video, we tried to get them to sing "Happy Gotcha Day" instead of Happy Birthday, but they sang what they knew. It's all good. We know. After returning from the restaurant, we watched the adoption video. We have never watched it. I realized, I don't remember anything about it. Watching the video, it was sooooo loud and chaotic. I don't remember it being that way. I must have been in a trance or something. When they handed her off to Chris, I was just fixed on her, then he handed her to me, and I walked away. The other moms talked to the nannies, or at least looked at them. I don't remember even seeing the nanny, and the video proves it. I never looked at her. How rude of me. I hope she understood. Of course, many would argue that this is how I always am, not paying attention, not noticing my surroundings....but this was pretty obvious. I feel terrible for the nanny. I'll post some before and after pictures so you can appreciate how she's changed in a year. It's amazing. On a side note, remember the waitress from Chinese New Year who insisted that AnnaLyn spoke chinese?? We saw her eating at CW's on Gotcha Day. She works at the restaurant across town, DB. Chris went up and asked her what she was doing eating with the competition. (Don't worry, she always remembers us when we go to DB, so he didn't just go over and accost her, though he has been known to do that to poor unsuspecting Chinese women....that's another story for another day.) Anyway, Albee, the waitress, said she likes the food better at CW's. Note to self.....I think she knows something I don't know....No more DB!

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Hi Stephanie!

It's been awhile - I would love to get back in touch with my "almost travel mates". :-)

I just put your blog in my bloglines so I can keep up with your family. Hope all is well! Have a great weekend!