Monday, June 11, 2007
We had our appointment at the Int'l Adoption Clinic today. Our doctor was so nice and very straightforward with her information. She feels AnnaLyn will benefit from agressive Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapies, as she is a bit further behind developmentally than she would like. We go back in a couple of weeks for some more testing, and have a follow up appointment in 6 months. At that time we will have a better idea of what is going on with her. Therapies should begin within a month or so, and in the mean time, Sawyer and I will be working relentlessly with her. Sawyer is intent on making her walk. Everytime I turn around, he has her by the hands and is saying, "come on, you have to walk!!" That boy needs to be a PT. I'll work on that. Many of my OT and ST friends have given me hints on helping her to interact better with us. It's good to know people who know things. hahaha. Seriously, it has all come together just like it should. When I interviewed for my job to work with special needs kiddos, I didn't really even want the job, but God made me go for the interview. He wouldn't leave me alone. I even told them I didn't want to work, but God made me come, and they hired me anyway. (By the way, I love it now...Isn't it cool how God knows what we need more than we do??) Before I went to work with special needs kiddos, I didn't know ANYTHING about sensory issues, autism, or anything like that. Now I know just enough to scare me, but my friends are being so supportive and giving me really helpful info. What would we do without our friends? I will start posting only once a month from now on, as it is entirely too hard to keep up with everything going on around here. I'll try to post around our "Gotcha Day" anniversary, which will be the 9th of the month.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment