
My goodness, this is a big sippy cup

First time in a swimming pool. I think I'm gonna like it here.

I love this hat Hunter wears all the time.

But I really think....

It looks better on me.
Hello everyone. Just a little update on babygirl. She is doing a little better each day. I know I keep saying that, but it's true. In the last few days she has been responding to us sometimes when we talk to her. It isn't very consistant yet, but it's a step in the right direction. She will make eye contact for a second or two if I'm across the room. Every now and then she will make eye contact if I'm within a few feet of her, but that's very unusual. The other day she was sitting in her highchair and I leaned in to kiss her. I repeated it several times and she smiled at me and leaned forward to let me kiss her again. It's hard work to get a smile out of this little one, much less a kiss...so that was a big deal. We have an appointment on June 11 at Vanderbilt to see if there's anything we can do to help her with the attachment/bonding process, and to rule out all the stuff I mentioned in an earlier post. I'm sure she'll be fine, she just needs a little more time to get adjusted to all the craziness that goes on around here. Actually, I think I'd like to learn more about her coping skills. It'd be nice to be able to pretend you can't hear the goings on around here. How peaceful.
1 comment:
I love your humor...coping skills to ignore those things we don't care to acknowledge...too funny! Well, I have had you and AnnaLyn on my heart and I have been praying for you. I should just call, shouldn't I???? silly me...I will do that for sure. take care. thinking of you...chat tonight???? love you.
Post a Comment