Friday, August 24, 2007
I watched a MythBusters show once about how the Ancient Chinese had a method of decting tunneling invaders well before they arrived in the town. They dug a hole to a specific depth and placed a drum of sorts into the hole. They then had villagers with excellent hearing man the apparatus in shifts. I suspect that AnnaLyn is decended from one of these "lookouts". She loves to put her head down on her toy drum and listen as it sings. She leaves it there until the song is done. It's cute. We have made some good progress this week. Babygirl is feeding herself with a spoon if I load it up for her. Of course, I found this out quite by accident. I was feeding her cereal one morning, and talking to one of the boys at the same time. Apparently I held the spoon in front of her, but just out of the reach of her mouth for a little too long. She grabbed the spoon and fed herself. I guess we can learn survival skills out of necessity. Anyway, she's doing quite well with it, and appears to be left handed. (Chris is so proud) Also, she is getting more brave with walking. She took 5 steps to Tanner a few nights ago. It's very inconsistant, but she's getting there. And back to the whole "Grandmother" thing....This has really been bothering me, and I've been thinking a lot about it. Then one morning I realized, "My mother was only a few months older than me when we made her a grandmother!" Oh, mom, I'm soooooo sorry....You were ENTIRELY TOO YOUNG TO BE A GRANDMOTHER!! And that's the last thing I have to say about that...until next time someone asks me if she's my grandbaby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment