Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Well, I guess I knew it was coming, but I didn't think it would be til later....Much later. Someone asked me..."Is this your grandbaby?" UGH! Come on now, I don't look old enough to be a grandmother. To make matters worse, it was my great uncle who asked me, then when I told him "no, it's my baby", he said, "No, you're too old to have a baby!" Are you looking??? I didn't have her, we adopted her....AND I AM NOT TOO OLD TO HAVE A BABY!!! It gets worse. The next morning I was relaying the story to Sawyer. Bad for my ego. He said, "Well, you ARE too old to have a baby." Why does everybody think I'm so old??? So I told him, in no uncertain terms that I am most certainly NOT too old to have a baby if I want to, and Aunt Kim just had a baby, and she's older than me. (sorry Kim, desperate times call for desperate measures, but you'll like Sawyer's response) Sawyer said, "no she's not...she's only like 31 or something." Sorry again Kim, but Sawyer, and half the neighborhood now knows exactly how old (YOUNG!!) you are. :-o I love you. Anyway, speaking of Aunt Kim...her baby, my precious neice, Abby, turned one this month. Oh my goodness, what a sweet child. She is walking and talking and she has become Aunt Stephie's girl. She and AnnaLyn love each other too. They always kiss whenever they see one antoher. Abby even kisses AnnaLyn's picture when she's not there. So sweet. Here are some pictures of my sweet Abby girl. Happy Birthday Abigail.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Girlfriend. Always love seeing new photos on your site. AnnaLyn is just so beautiful -- how can you keep yourself from kissing those cheeks all day.
What a blessing it is for you all to have Abby in your lives.

Love you,
A mom (even OLDER than you)

Jackie Sue said...

You never ever fail to make me laugh outloud!!!! Thanks for that! I need it :) Matthew just got his liscense today....ugh....anyway, you are NOT TOO OLD to have a baby and no way are you Grandmother material...yet! love you. thanks again for the laughs. you are my forever friend and just think, in Heaven we can be neighbors and not have all this distance to worry with.