Monday, March 24, 2008
Getting Organized
Ok. It's almost April. Time to come through on that New Years Resolution and get organized. hahhaha. Hello, have you met me? I'm Stephanie: the epitome of "fly by the seat of your pants". I have tried this before. Every year in fact. Twice a year. Spring and Fall. The thing is, I am really organized. It's just these darn kids!! They won't leave anything where I put it, and they wait til the last minute to tell me anything. I told Chris that last night. He laughed at the thought that I am organized. WHATEVER. I know the truth. In my bubble, I'm an organized person. Anyway...to illustrate my point....I was at Target yesterday specifically to get a new insert for my organizer. (Chris gave me his old computerized one, but I forgot to plug it in....for a week....and it went dead and lost all my info. I don't trust that anymore. Dumb computer.) I looked for 15 minutes at all the inserts. Some were dated, some were not. Some had small squares, some had larger ones. (I need larger ones now) Some had just the month at a glance, some had months and weeks. I even toyed with the idea of buying a larger one, but my old one just fits in my purse, so I finally decided on the large square refill with month at a glance and then individual weeks. Good. I got home and nestled down in my comfy chair...ready to fill in my new calendar with all my important stuff...soccer games, doctor appointments, swing recitals, choir performances, speech and OT appointments, birthdays, anniversaries, on and on. I open my calendar refill and wouldn't you know, the little plastic thingy doesn't fit in the pocket of my organizer. No problem. I got up and found the scissors and cut it to fit. Good. I nestled back in my chair, ready for an hours worth of work. I open my new calendar to the first tab. JULY!!!!
I bought a calendar refill that goes from July to June. I didn't even know they made such an animal. Why on earth would you make a calendar that goes from July to June???? "Why on earth would you BUY a calendar that goes from July to June?" asks my very supportive husband, who is snickering at me again for thinking I have any chance in the world of getting organized. "I didn't know I had to look at the months to make sure they begin in January!!!! Every calendar I've ever seen starts in January!! What idiot came up with the idea to start one in July????" I'm sure I heard someone mumble under their breath something about some idiot actually spending 15 minutes looking, then buying a calendar that began in July...but nobody would admit to it. Wise guys.
Anyway, today I went back to Target and bought a new organizer. It was bigger, so I had to have a new purse to hold it. Hee hee.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well Steph...at least you got a funny story and a new purse out of the deal. love you, js and I'm with you who starts a calendar in July????
Post a Comment