Friday, March 28, 2008

Who's Your Mama???

I waited to post this, just to make sure, but it's been a week, so I guess it's gonna stick. ANNALYN CALLS ME MAMA!!!!!! It's been a year in coming, but she finally has it!! She first said it to her green beans, you remember, a few months ago. She didn't even say the word anymore until last week. We were eating lunch and she looked in my general direction and said "mama". I have witnesses. We were at therapy, so all AnnaLyn's therapists and my co-workers were there. You could have heard a pin drop at first, then a burst of applause and high pitched squeals, the way only a room full of women can do. AnnaLyn looked around the room like she was thinking, "What's the big deal?" The next time she ate a bite of chicken, she raised her hands up to celebrate, then couldn't understand why we weren't celebrating with her again. She obviously thought we had celebrated her eating the chicken rather than her saying mama. After that, she started to get the hang of it. She now consistently calls me mama when she sees me. Chris is either dada or baba, whichever comes out first. Usually baba, which is Chinese for daddy. Pretty cool, huh? And we didn't teach her that. So, she has 3 words now. Mama, (my personal favorite), Baba, and baby. That makes two fabulous Easters in a row. Last Easter we got a baby, and this Easter she called me mama. Speaking of Easter, I tried and tried to get a picture of AnnaLyn with her basket, stooping down to pick up an egg. No way. She wouldn't even stoop down to get the egg, wouldn't carry the basket, wouldn't look at the camera. Yeah, the camera....there's another story for you. Remember how organized I am?? With the new planner and all?? I couldn't find the battery charger to my digital camera, so I had to use the 35mm. It took me a while to remember how to put in the film, then how to turn it on. The pictures may not be worth a hoot. I kept looking at the back of the camera for the screen. I haven't needed to look through a viewfinder for a while now. It takes some getting used to. Sooooo, when finish the roll and take it to Walgreens to be developed, I'll post the pictures of AnnaLyn not holding her Easter basket and not picking up eggs.......Until next time, this is MAMA, signing off!

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Steph,

I'm sitting here at my computer with chill bumps and teary eyes!!!! Congratulations, "Mama"! I'm so happy for you ;-)

Love,
Lydia

Jackie Sue said...

Yay for Mama!!! Happy Spring to all the Morgans! love, js