Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Senior Prom

My oldest baby is a Senior in High School. I guess he would have issues with me calling him a baby. Oh, well. As you can see, he cleans up pretty good. Does anyone know if Senior Year is tax deductible?? Any lawmakers or lobbyists out there that want to help me out?? Let me see if I can help you understand what I mean if you haven't crossed this bridge yet. Senior Pictures, $400. for the cheapest package, and they aren't any good, yet, you feel you MUST order them. After all, you HAVE to have your senior portrait. And now days they don't just take the formal portrait, they take all these random casual shots that depict the Senior's personality. THOSE turn out really good, and you WANT to order those. Then they take the cap and gown pictures separately and send those proofs toward the end of the year. Another $100. or so, should you choose to accept it. We didn't. Next is the $100. Yearbook (which you can multiply by 4 in our family....eeeeek!) You can't forget the invitations, and announcements. That's another $150. Of course, you must order the Cap and Gown. Along with the Cap and Gown order, which the Seniors fill out at school without prior knowledge of the paying parent, come the senior sandals, back packs, key rings, diploma frame, memory books, can coozies.....on and on and on. This is no less than $150. Then we get to prom. I thought I was off the hook with boys. Not so. Do you have any idea how much it is to rent a stupid tux that looks exactly like a suit you have hanging in your closet?? $100. And if you sleep all day on Sunday because you stayed out until 6am on prom night and forget to take your tux back before 6pm, it's another $21.95. I'm running out of moola here, so Hunter, currently unemployed, had to make some other arrangements for limo service and dinner on prom night. It turns out, he cooked Shelby's dinner and asked Tanner and his friend Neal to cheauffer them around all night. Look at these pictures and see if you would have trusted these two to drive you around. I guess you get what you pay for. Oh well. I hope to have some graduation pictures up in a week or two.

2 comments:

Eileen said...

Nice pics!

Ben went to prom last year with a girl who was a senior (he's a senior this year). Her mom cooked dinner for them and 3 or 4 other couples, and invited the parents! I thought that was interesting. Saved some money there though. His tux was just under $100 I think. We haven't done senior pics, since he's homeschooled we've been lax about that. Oooops!

Jackie Sue said...

Poor momma, these kids of ours will get us yet. When I called you a couple of weeks I was just passing through and then flew home and didn't make the drive home, and what a drive it was. My boy is graduating this year too. Thank goodness he is done!!!!