Saturday, May 24, 2008
We'll see you at the Ball, sweet Cinderella
We are so saddened by the loss of little Maria Sue Chapman on Wednesday night. Please pray for the Chapman family. I can't even imagine the pain and grief they are experiencing. I have cried for 3 days. I just can't get this family out of my mind or off my heart. Of course the local radio stations are playing "Cinderella" all the time now. As I listened to it today, it occured to me that there's a Ball at the Castle, and Maria's been invited. Thank you Steven and Mary Beth for helping Maria "practice her dancin'" And thank you for reminding us to do the same. We have been so blessed by your music, and your very lives. Father God, comfort this family as only You can. Surround them and let them feel your Holy Presence during this horrible time of grief. Oh Father, shield them from the enemy and his lies. Give them grace sufficient for each moment and peace that passes understanding. I ask for an extra measure of Your grace for their son. Make his faith stronger and do not let the enemy get a foothold of guilt or blame in his life. Protect this family Father, and let us all be reminded, through the words of the song, to "Dance with Cinderella while she is here in my arms....For all too soon, the clock will strike midnight, and she'll be gone" Remind us daily, Father, that life is truly a vapor, and we need to focus on the truly important stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Amen!
Oh, Steph, you spoke the very feelings of my heart, too!
Lydia
Oh, Steph, you spoke the very feelings of my heart, too!
Lydia
My Sister,
I join you in prayer for this family. And I weap with you. Thank you for this post.
Love you,
Cinamon
Post a Comment