Wednesday, June 4, 2008
I'm really behind
I have been informed by some of my many readers (I think it's up to 4 now.) that I am quite behind on my posting. My response would be that I'm getting older and there just isn't enough coffee to keep me alert for long periods of time. By the time I get to the computer upstairs, I forget what I wanted to write about in the first place. Something funny and blogworthy happens almost everyday around here, but I don't remember them until like 3am when, sadly, I'm perfectly alert and coherant. Figures. Sooooo, I'll try to catch you up on 3 events that I can readily remember for now. First, about a month ago AnnaLyn said her first sentence. (Not really, but we're calling it that, 'cause it was soooo cool, and fitting!) She was at her speech therapy appointment and one of the speech therapists came in to bring Eva (AnnaLyn's therapist) her Starbucks. AnnaLyn looked at the cup and said, "Das Mama's" Is that perfect or what? Now really, her sounds just came out that way, but I'm calling it like I see it. And so are Eva, Susan and Sharon. I have witnesses!! Of course, that means I probably go to Starbucks WAAAAAY to much. Then again, Warner's first words were "Wal-Mart". Boy, your kids can really tell on you, huh? Secondly, a testimony to why YOUNG women have children. We went after church on Wednesday to Cici's pizza with the youth group. Chris had been carrying AnnaLyn around and visiting with the kids, then he brought her over to me and said "watch her for a sec." "OK" I was in the middle of a conversation, which I can't remember, but it must have been pretty important...and one of the kids came over and took AnnaLyn out of my lap. I'm sure I recognized this child as my own, but just handed her over and gave a quick glance over my shoulder and continued my conversation. 5 minutes later Chris came back and said "Where's the baby?" UUUMMMMM, baby? Silent panic. Mind racing...where's the baby...who's got the baby? One of the kids, yeah...but which one? Not Hunter, Tanner or Sawyer...I can see them. I go the rear of the restaurant to see if they had her and she was running around with some of the kids. Nope. Sick at my stomach now, I head to the front door, praying she didn't get out. Suddenly she came flying by in a shopping cart. Indeed Warner had come and gotten her and was running her up and down the sidewalk outside in a shopping cart. I want to throw up, but I turn to Chris ever so calmly and say, "See? I told you Warner had her."
Now, I can't for the life of me remember the third event. I guess I'll see you at 3am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Steph- Just thought I would stop by to check out what's new with Anna-Banana! The starbucks sentence is GREAT news! I am so very proud of her. I love you guys and miss every last one of the Morgan clan. I will work on my blog soon! Love ya
So I'm all caught up on your last several posts. I love your funny stories. My little girls even know what drink I order at Starbucks! We don't go too often, our girls are just REALLY smart! :) So, I'm so glad that you are going to crash our reunion. I was hoping to spend some gal time with you after David leaves Sunday afternoon. What do you think? Email me! love you!
Post a Comment