Thursday, August 21, 2008
You only work 2 days a week.
The other day Chris and I were discussing our budget...or lack of one...and what needed to be done about it. Now, this has been coming for a long time. Chris has finally taken over the finances. I thought I would like having the burden off, but, not so much. One of the first things to go is the housekeeper. NOOOOOO!!! I love my housekeeper. And she only comes every other week. The reply came...Steph, you only work 2 days a week. Do you really need a housekeeper? Yes, I really do. You guys don't do anything around here, and we have those two elves living here with the other 6 of you. I just can't do it by myself. (You know the elves I'm talking about.."Notme, and Notmine" They mess everything up according to my boys. It must be them, because when I ask, "who made this mess", they always blame one of them! Well,anyway, he has a point, so the housekeeper must go, but he has to call her, because I just love her too much and I can't do it. Soooo, on Monday, my only weekday to be home all day long, I decided to clean the house. AnnaLyn helped. See the slideshow. It literally took me all day long just to do the downstairs, and I didn't even do any real cleaning except the kitchen and bathrooms. No dusting, no floors, no windows. Just for kicks, I decided to take pictures as I went and record how long it took to get messy again. 6 hours...but that's only because the boys weren't home for 3 of those. Now, the messy pictures are the way Chris always sees the house, because he comes home later than the boys. No wonder he asks, "So...what'd you do today?" He tells me he's not as bad as his friend who asked his wife the same question and she replied, "I did the laundry" He then asked,
Well, did you just sit and watch it go round and round? We will be attending his funeral any day now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You're singing my song!!! Sometimes I think the house gets messy all by itself while we sleep at night. Love you and miss you. Please keep praying for us!
Love,
Lydia
Steph,
You speak (and show) the truth.
Now if only I could look as good as Annalyn when I'm cleaning the house.
My dream is to have a housekeeper one day. But I'm thinking a sheep for the yard is first on the list.
Love you,
Cinamon
I love this! You speak my language :) I miss your guts too! Much much love, and give your fam the big hello from me and my girls.(I have to add that in our family the cutest thing is that if I say,"who did this?" Sweet Ellie will say "my" for me when refering to herself and so she will answer "my did it.")
Oh, forgot to say, sorry about the loss of the housekeeper. Man, I feel your pain! Just think in Heaven, no housekeeping!!! Halleluia!
Post a Comment