Monday, October 27, 2008
Almost another month. I'm really slacking here. Since my last update there've been a few blogworthy things to note. First of all, Tanner got a Jeep. It's an old clunker, but it's FUN!!! Of course he just put the top on a couple of days ago when it was 50 degrees here, but he still has the doors off. Honestly, I'm not expecting them to go on until February! He's having a great time. Second, did I mention that Sawyer has joined the wrestling team? Very odd for my OCD child who won't kiss his mother, but will roll around on a mat with a sweaty kid. Anyway, he loves it, and he's already gotten a bloody nose...twice. Badge of honor I think. AnnaLyn has a new word. Apple. Actually, it's Appa, but we know what it is, and so far it's pretty consistent. So, so far she has: Mama, Baba, Nana (banana) Appa (Apple), Saa(Sawyer), Tata (Tanner), Mmmm(More) Aa Da (all done) ba (bath) and pee pee (Which is for when she sees Chris sitting on the toilet, of all things) We're coming right along I think. She starts developmental pre school in a few weeks, after her 3rd birhtday. 3RD BIRTHDAY!! How did that happen???? She's getting to be a big girl now. Yesterday she even let me roll her hair up in sponge rollers. How incredibly cute!! Of course when I took it down, she looked like she had a black poodle on her head. Mist,mist,mist!!! Note to self: Use the larger rollers next time.......On a more serious note: I just gotta be honest here. We're not ok around here. I don't know if we're under a spiritual attack, or if we're going through what every normal family with 4 teenage boys goes through, or if I am a really sucky mother and it is catching up with me. The scripture that the Holy Spirit has recently been bringing to my mind is, as paraphrased by me, that we war not against flesh and blood, and the weapons of our warfare are not of this world, but of the Spirit. Sorry for the paraphrasing. I don't remember the addresses of the scriptures, maybe you can help me out there. Well, as I was worrying and fretting (I know, unscriptural) and praying (see? I remembered to pray after I worried and fretted) about my family condition, my sweet babygirl came into the kitchen where I was cleaning. (AGAIN) She had climbed the stairs, taken a picture off the wall and brought it down the stairs without falling, or even making a sound. She presented me with this picture, that is bigger than she is, by the way. You know what it was? A picture that hung in my boys' rooms for the longest time. It's a picture of a train that says, "Train up a child in the way he should go...." Isn't it cool how GOD can use a two year old and a picture you dust every week but don't really look at anymore to get HIS point across?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hang in there momma! It ain't over yet :) Love you and miss you! AnnaLyn in her curly hair is too cute. Davie's does the same thing when I curl it in sponge rollers...socks work better for her.
Post a Comment