Thursday, February 5, 2009

I must be some strong woman!

OK, so God has a lot more confidence in me than I have in myself. As if life is not CRAZY enough in the Morgan house, another straw was added last week. AnnaLyn had a seizure. Just out of the blue. We were out to eat (again)...it seems we never eat at home anymore, unless it's leftovers from when we went out to eat!! Anyway, I digress....We were out to eat and AnnaLyn was actually tolerating the restaurant very well, a fact we were so excited about...when I looked over and her face was twitching to the right and her head and shoulder were twitching hard to the right. That lasted for about 3 seconds, then she flapped her arms, threw back her head and laughed really hard. She does the arm flapping/laughing about 20 times a day, so we didn't think too much about the first 2 times. We sort of thought she had learned something new at school. But she kept doing it for about a minute and a half. Of course, Chris thought I was overreacting when I told him I thought she might be having a seizure, but I called the doctor the next day. He said it sure was a seizure and ordered an EEG. The EEG was yesterday, but so far we don't have the results. I'll be sure to post when we do. The EEG went great. It was a sleep deprived EEG, so we had to keep her up until 11pm and get her back up at 4am. That was loads of fun. When we got to the hospital, she didn't like having the electrodes placed, and I had to hold her down, but after they got her all hooked up, she settled down. She loved the strobe lights and kept asking for more. Of course, when we got home, she took a 3 1/2 hour nap (and so did I). SOOOOOOOoooooo, besides that, she's been making marvelous progress. She is saying so many new words I can't keep up with them all. Most of them are still approximations of words, but you know what she's talking about most of the time. She started preschool in November and her teacher is constantly amazed at how far she's come in just a few months. Praise God!! He is so good.

2 comments:

babslb said...

Yes you are a strong woman! Especially since you draw your strength from Christ. I am so sorry to her about Annalyn. I know that must of been very scary. I will pray for her and your results. We were just at Vandy on Wed - doing a sedated MRI and a lung perfusion scan. Corinne has scoliosis and the lung scan is routine for her heart condition.

Jackie Sue said...

Hang in there, friend. Love to you and yours....sorry for the additional stress. I don't ever want to be as strong as you :) I'm just such a wimp.