Sunday, April 26, 2009

Wow, busy April

Well, Happy Gotcha Day, Happy Easter, Happy Birthday to group A's little ones, and everything else I missed so far this month. It's been a whirlwind. I'm not sure if I posted this before or not, but Hunter has joined the Air Force. He was supposed to leave for Basic this Tuesday, but his recruiter called him last week and told him they had given his job to another flight, so now he's on standby. Ugh. I'm so proud that he's going, but it's bittersweet. You want them to be grown up and on their own at some point, but does it have to be so soon? (Chris says YES, and is counting the days til the rest of the boys are spreading their wings, though I have a feeling he'll feel differently when it's AnnaLyn's turn to leave the nest. hahaha) Anyway, it's quite an emotional rollercoaster, and it is worsened by "ok, he's leaving in 2 weeks...oh no, wait, he's not leaving after all...Well, maybe next week....Feels oddly reminiscent of the adoption process in reverse. Anybody know of a Rumor Queen site for military families? Maybe I should start one in all my spare time. We went ahead with the send off party, even though his BMT date is delayed. I figured they only gave him 2 weeks notice this time, and a weeks notice that they cancelled, so who says they can't call him up next week and say, ok, lets go. I was so worried that nobody would be able to make the party with such short notice. I have seriously underestimated my friends....again. 2 of them even came after running a marathon earlier in the day!! I lost count at 50, and that doesn't count some of Hunter's buddies that came by and didn't stay but a few minutes. We had a ball, and Hunter felt encouraged, I think. I only cried a little (in front of people) Chris even found a journal entry that Hunter wrote when he was 9 years old and read it to him. Hunter had written that he couldn't wait to join the military because he could shoot guns and go to the bazooka range :-), and be a crewchief on a Blackhawk helicopter just like his daddy did. (Yes, that's when I cried) He still wants to be a crewchief, but on a C-5. His second choice is to be an F-15 mechanic. Either way, he'll do well....if he can just get there. I'll keep you posted on when and where. You keep him in your prayers. Until next time.....

No comments: