Monday, October 5, 2009

Hello? Is anybody still interested??

Oh my goodness. I did it again. Though I think this might be a record. 6 MONTHS!!! I know the problem. You see, about 6 months ago, I got a "crackberry" (blackberry" and I no longer need to get on the PC to get e-mails, Facebook, or anything else, except BLOG! Actually, I can pull up my blogsite, and even sign in and update, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to actually make it appear on my page!!! Plus it takes WAAAAy too long. I'm a pretty slow texter. Anyway, I'll start from May. Not much to report. Schools out. YAY! June: Happy Birthday to me. That is all. School's still out. Yay. July: Happy Birthday to Hunter. 20!! How did that happen? On top of that, he's off to Basic Training for the Air Force in San Antonio, TX. :-( One down, 4 to go. The boys bathroom floods and we get a whole new bathroom, living room and dining room floor. YAY August: School's still out. yay. Hunter's still in San Antonio, sweatting like a soldier in Texas. (I made that up, aren't I clever?) We still don't have out new bathroom or floor. We've opted to do most of the work ourselves. Why? And while we were at it and getting new bathroom and living room floors, lets go ahead and upgrade, and let's get that awful popcorn texture off the ceiling, and paint all the walls, and put up crown moulding, and new base moulding. And we've always wanted to put an archway between the living room and kitchen. Won't that look awesome. Lets do something with the nasty carpet on the stairs too. You know, while we're at it. It won't cost that much or take too long. You know, we may as well, while we're at it... September: School's in YAY!! Did I mention that now we need to paint the trim because the new paint on the ceiling and smooth (almost) ceilings makes it look really yellow. And now those doorknobs are so outdated, and the hinges have paint all over them. May as well get those replaced too. You know, while we're at it. And we had some flooring left over from the floors, lets put that on the landing of the steps. It won't take long. You know, .....(Actually, we almost wound up in counseling over that one, but it looks great and only 13 more steps to go) And gosh, now that I'm up here in the stairwell, have you ever noticed how horrible the ceiling in here looks? and look at all the dents in the wall. Let's get that taken care of too. It's just another can of paint and some spackle. While we're at it..... And AnnaLyn has her adenoids taken out. All went smoothly, until the seizures set in the next day. She's ok. They aren't bad and she's on meds to control them. October: The floors look great, the crown moulding (Which we went ahead and paid to have installed after the first 2 pieces and a day of not speaking civily to one another....I don't understand...Carter makes it look so easy. The PURPLE stairwell wall looks awesome, and so do the 3 whole steps we've done so far. (We're both a little afraid to start agiain. It really was ugly. chris is not allowed to work power tools after 7pm, or on an empty stomach. TESTY!!!) The boys bathroom is completely finished, with new tile, a widened laundry closset door, a kitchen height cabinet, new granite lookalike laminate countertop, a lovely square sink with oil rubbed brass fixtures, new elevated toilet (from which my feet don't touch the floor!!), doorknobs and hinges. LOVELY. And the highlight of October, to be sure, is our trip to San Antonio, TX to see Hunter's graduation from Basic Training. Just imagine....around 20 hours with 3 teenage boys and their daddy, who will be eating nothing but fast food and junk snacks for the entire road trip, Wish we could turn that gas into fuel for the car. That would save us some big bucks! And a 3 year old, who now screams "BIG TRUCK" every time she sees a semi, until you repeat it back to her, "Yes, AnnaLyn, I see a big truck" Then there's the "I hate this station", "Hey, put in the CD I burned", "No I don't wanna watch Kung Fu Panda, can't we watch Predator instead?" "Move over", "STOP IT", "Could you be quiet for 5 MINUTES?!?" And then there's the kids griping in the back. :-) O sweet mercy, could someone donate money for a plane ticket for AnnaLyn and I? The boys can handle the road trip themselves. PLEASE??? On a positive note, if we should arrive without killing or mameing one another too badly, we get to see the Coin Ceremony and Airman's run on Thursday, then Graduation on Friday. From 12pm to 8pm, Hunter will have a town pass and we'll go to the Alamo and eat dinner at the Riverwalk with the Pridemore Four. (so excited to see them again) On Saturday, Hunter has another town pass from 9am to 8pm, so we'll likely do Sea World, since none of us has ever been, and airmen and their parents get in free I hear. Sunday morning, we want to spend as much time as we can with Hunter, who only has base liberty that day, but then we'll head home, making it a one day trek this time since we have to be back to work and school on Monday. That oughta be loads of fun. To spite dreading the drive, I truly can not WAIT to see Hunter again. No doubt the parting will be much more difficult this time around. When we said goodbye last time, we knew we'd see him in just a few months. Now we don't really know when we'll see him again. Months? Years? Can't go there in my head yet. does not compute. At any rate, I'll try to do better about posting, if you're still reading, that is. :-) Happy Trails. Check back this week for pictures. Happy Fall Y'all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes....I'm still interested! Thanks for the wonderful update. Glad to hear all is well with you and your loved ones. Don't ya just love those "while we're at it..." jobs.....never ending!! Safe travels!!

Blessings,
The Callahans

Jackie Sue said...

Of course i'm still interested....happy fall and happy trails to you and yours....hope you survive the trip ;) tell hunter congrats from me!