Friday, October 9, 2009

San Antonio

Well, we made it to San Antonio without too much trouble. It rained all the way, and took us 20 hours to get here with stops and all. Thats longer than it took to get to China, by the way. Hunter's Airman's run was at 8am, then the Coin Retreat Ceremony was at 11pm. Very nice ceremony, but HOT outside. Naturally it occured at AnnaLyn's naptime. She, being hungry, hot, in a strange place, and surrounded by people and noises she isn't used to, had an everloving FIT just before the ceremony started. Of course here we are, smackdab in the center of the overcrowded bleachers with a SCREAMING baby. I tried to calm her down, wait it out, but I could tell the patience of the crowd around me was wearing thin, so I took her down the bleachers to the aisle between. Glad looks can't kill. She hushed soon enough and fell asleep on my shoulder, Did I mention it was HOT???? After the ceremony, we got to spend the entire day with Hunter on base. When we left base (without Hunter), we came back to the hotel, then walked to the Riverwalk. We were pretty hungry, so we went to Chili's. My favorite restaurant, right? After being there for a few, minutes, but after we had ordered, we noticed there were certainly a lot of gay couples sitting around. Actually, ALL WE SAW WERE GAY COUPLES. Waiters included. We had to be the only straight people in the whole restaurant. And they were giving us some looks too. Upon leaving the restaurant, Sawyer noticed a big sign located over the bar as you enter the restaurant saying, "Join us every Thursday night for Sin Night 5pm-10pm" Figures. Only the Morgan's wouldn't see such a sign BEFORE dining there. This morning (Friday) was to be the Graduation Parade. Unfortunately, it was raining cats and dogs, so they held the graduation ceremonies indoors and by Flight numbers. Actually, I'm selfishly glad for this, because I had to miss the whole thing. AnnaLyn woke up throwing up this morning, so we stayed in the room. She seems fine now, though she ran a fever for a little while. She couldn't hold anything on her tummy for a few hours, but after she took a little nap, she was able to drink some Sprite and eat some toast and hold it down. She still doesn't have much energy, but we brought the stroller, so we were able to venture out with Hunter this afternoon. We went to the Riverwalk again and ate at SantaFe Steak House. It was horrible! My grilled chicken came with a vegetable, but i didn't get to pick it, and it came out with something that looked a lot like what I had to clean up out of the carpet this morning. I'll let you guess from the picture what it looks like to you. Once we finally found our way out of the Riverwalk, we visited the Alamo. The grounds there are beautiful. I had no idea it was so big. It was much cooler today too. In the 60's as opposed to the 90's yesterday. Glad I packed for both types of weather! Tomorrow's plan is to do Sea World, but I just checked the bank account, and we may just be hanging around the hotel pool instead. Gotta run. Maybe I'll be able to post again before we come home.

2 comments:

Jackie Sue said...

that was a classic morgan adventure...love you, thanks for the laughs!

Coleen said...

I love your stories! You are simply an amazing family... God bless.
Love, Col