Saturday, February 27, 2010
It has begun....
I think the electronic gadgets that are supposed to make my life easier and more relaxing are ganging up on me. On Wednesday night I put a roast in my brand new crock pot, used only once before, and placed the dish in the refrigerator and a note on the back door reminding me to put the dish back in the warmer and turn it on before leaving for work Thursday morning. Planning ahead. That's a real stretch for me, so I was most proud of myself. Thursday morning, I remembered to put the dish in the warmer AND turn it on AND plug it in, all without even looking at the note on the door. I'm really getting the hang of this planning ahead thing. (Of course I left the house without my coffee, my gym clothes and my phone...) Thursday afternoon, Chris, who had been trying to reach me most of the day on my cell phone which lay dying on the kitchen counter next to the crock pot, my gym clothes and my coffee, called me at work to remind me of the gathering we were supposed to attend at 6pm. I pretended I remembered (I do that a lot, sadly) and said I'd meet him there, telling him to have the boys turn off the crock pot and have some roast for dinner. He said, "well, that's another reason I called....the crock pot apparently didn't come on." "WHAT???? I planned ahead and everything! How could this happen?" Oh well, let them eat sandwiches....again. We go to our gathering, come home and I double check the crock pot. Yep, it's plugged in, turned on, food's in it, uncooked and smelling kinda gross now. I went to bed, contemplating the idea of taking the stupid crock pot back to Kroger Marketplace,roast and all, and having them reimburse me for the $90 crock pot and $30 worth of food that was wasted!!! Friday was too busy to do anything about it. Work all day, then another fellowship. I left the house at 7am and didn't get home til almost midnight. (It sounds like I have a life, but this is just a fluke. haha) So this morning I got up to have some cereal and coffee, noting how incredibly messy the kitchen is and wondering how it gets that way when we're never here and I eyed the crockpot again. Stupid crock pot. Maybe I'll have time to take that thing back today, but I'll have to wash it out and I'm not in the mood. Maybe later. I went upstairs to do some cleaning and decided to tidy up the tangle of wires behind the computer. Well, that took about 10 times longer than it should have. And when I was done, BAM, no internet service. WHAT??? I paid close attention to where all those wires go! And they're so organized now! After another hour of moving cords around (and yes, they're a mess again, maybe worse than before, but this time with wire ties everywhere. hahahahahaha) I finally got it figured out. I don't know how. Everything still looks the same to me. So, I came downstairs and smelled something yummy. "Oh good grief, was I cooking something?" No, it's just the CROCK POT COOKING MY 3 DAY OLD ROAST!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you make me laugh, thank you for having a crazy life like mine. For the record we lost 2 computers and 1 phone in 1 week in Mid Jan to be followed by my work computer 2 weeks ago. The revolt is well under way at the Neppl house. I just love your stories
Post a Comment