Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Well, Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Referral Day, President's Day, MLK Day and Valentines Day. Did I miss anything? I have a new laptop, so I don't have to go up to the mancave to get on the computer anymore. MAYBE I'll be better about blogging. It's not for lack of any adventures, that's for sure. Let's see. Hunter is now stationed at Elmandorf AFB in Anchorage, Alaska and LOVING it. He got to come home for Christmas for 2 weeks. It was so good to get to spend some time with him. He's no little boy anymore. I'm so old. While home, he gave his girlfriend a "promise ring". (That's a pre-engagement ring for those of us born before the 80's) They're madly in love...just like we were when we were 20. haha. Scary to think he's almost the age I was when I met Chris. EEEKKK. Tanner is getting ready to graduate High School, planning how to pay for college, and working all the time, (which is how he'll pay for college, haha) He is also madly in love with his girlfriend. Both boys chose good girls. They like me, so I hope it works out for them. Sawyer is a junior in High school. He opted against the wrestling team this year, much against my wishes. He said all the practice interferred with his "game time" By game time, he means X-Box. UGH! Stupid video games. Remember when playing video games was a social event. You went with a bunch of friends to the game room with all your quarters and played Pac Man and Gallaga til you ran out of quarters, then you went somewhere to eat, or hang out and actually talk to people? Remember? Man, progress isnt always progress, is it? Of course, I'm blogging for all of you, instead of calling you or writing a letter, so I guess I'm the pot calling the kettle black. Anyway, Sawyer also got his learner's permit a few months ago. He's going to kill us all. I think he thinks it's like driving on the x-box. I need a recording that says, "Slow down", "Speed limit's 35", "BRAKE LIGHTS!!!!" He just wishes he had duct tape for my mouth while he's driving, and I've worn a hole in the carpet of the passenger side floorboard pressing (slamming) my "mommy brakes" Warner is a Freshman in High school. At least I think he is. I don't think I've seen him in a few weeks. He's NEVER home. As nonsocial as Sawyer is, Warner is his polar opposite. I'd tell you what's going on in his life, but I don't know. It must be a lot. When he does come home, he's playing guitar and the X-box with Sawyer. Teenagers. At least he doesn't have his learners permit yet. AnnaLyn is plugging right along. She is communicating so well. Talking in 3 and 4 and sometimes 5 word phrases. She's doing more pretend play with her baby dolls, and showing more interest in books. She is able to make most of her needs known pretty well. She's due to have a Spinal Tap sometime this month. Her Neurologist wants to evaluate her spinal fluid to see if he can determine which neurotransmitter she is deficient in. He thinks if they can determine that, they can medicate her more effectively, and help her development come along even faster. She's getting closer to that 5 year old window when learning slows down(Wait til you're 45 sweetie) so he feels it's a little more urgent now to find out what's going on instead of experimenting with meds. Honestly, he was amazed a year ago when he prescribed the first med and 6 months later she wasn't "caught up". Really? Never heard of that, but ok. You're the neurosurgeon, and I am not. More to come on that. I'm certain this has been a most boring update, and I'm sorry for that. I'll try to do better now. I'm making it up to you by posting a couple of videos that you HAVE to watch. On Christmas night, I was getting ready for the family, and the TV was on in the bedroom. I hear this horrible noise, and think it must be AFV, but it was this guy, Janard Cross, hosting his "7th annuruh Christmas Special" in "Murfreesburhl". I couldn't not watch it. I tried to turn it off, but I just couldn't make myself. It makes me BELLY LAUGH every time I watch it. It just never gets old. I love this guy. He's so sincere. What he lacks in pitch, he makes up for in personality, and isn't that what we all strive for? He's a walking devotional. He lives here in town, and came through the drive through at Chick-Fil-A the other night. Tanner just happened to be working drive through and recognized him and said, "Hey, I know you. I see you on TV all the time. My mom loves you, man" Tanner came home so excited to tell me about my newest obsession. "mom, you're going to be so jealous, guess who came through the drivethrough tonight?" I'm thinking, Matthew McConehey, Brad Pitt, or maybe more realistically, Keith Urban or even Jeff Fisher. "Janard Cross, and yes, his mouth really IS that big" I'll leave you with that. Until next time.

No comments: