Sunday, March 28, 2010
Spring Break
Ahh, Spring Break. The kids are out of school, the weather is warmer, the buttercups are blooming, the trees are budding, the grass is greening up...It conjures up a lovely picture,doesn't it? WAKE UP!!!! ITS THE MORGANS YOURE READING ABOUT HERE!!! Yes, the kids are out of school, which means I haven't laid eyes on them all week. Warner is going for a new record of how many nights he can spend away from home (and in the process,I believe, how many days he can go without eating real food, showering or changing clothes!!) Sawyer is on a videogame spree. Not sure he's seen the light of day in a while. Tanner asked off for the whole week, and didn't get but one day off, and he spent it with Kelsey! And of course, AnnaLyn is completely off her schedule, which throws her into a tizzy. Bless her heart, she hung in there pretty good til Friday,then she just fell apart. The girl needs her schedule. Sooooo, my dear husband came up with the idea to go camping this weekend. with his mother. Oh no. " Honey, you just take the boys and meet your mom up there. I'll stay here with AnnaLyn. She's not herself lately, and I hate to take her to an unfamiliar place right now." "No, we're all going, she'll be fine, I've spent too much time away from all of you, and I want us all to go. It'll be fun."...."Please honey, I really don't want to go. Anna will be miserable, the cabin is right on the water and I'll be a nervous wreck all weekend. Just let us stay here. I promise you'll have more fun w/o us."...."No, we're all going. It'll be fun, you'll see".....Famous Last Words! Well, it was good to see mom and Harold, but that is all. It was cold and rainy and incredibly windy all weekend. I didn't have to worry about AnnaLyn going near the water, because we barely ventured out of the cabin. In fact, once to go to the playground, which was a bit of a nightmare in itself, but that's another story for another day, and a second time to go to walmart. The rest of the time, AnnaLyn and I stayed in a room 1/2 the size of my den. She went through the trash more times than I can count, and everytime I turned around, she had another bag of clothes or toys strewn everywhere. or drinking from a glass someone left laying around, or eating food off a plate in the trash. You're thinking "in a room 1/2 the size of your den, couldn't you keep a better eye on her than that?" the answer is, no. She's a sly little booger. I swear she knows how to make a big enough mess to keep you busy for just long enough to get into something else!! She's got it down to a science! Sweet little thing. So with all this running around the room 1/2 the size of my den, you'd think I'd at least sleep well, right? no. Remember how windy it is? There is a sign on the front of the cabin, bearing it's name, "Chickadee Cabin". It's made of wood and suspended by a chain secured by 2 screws. And when the wind blows, it bangs against the cabin with amazing force. Very early this morning,after my second night of interrupted sleep, I marched outside in the wind and rain,intending to do something terrible to the Chickadee Cabin sign, but God has a great sense of humor, and the sign is just out of my reach, twisting and writhing in the wind, chain securely fastned to the wall. So I kicked the cabin wall instead. SO THERE! ow. We said our goodbyes, earlier than we usually do, and are home now. What a lovely Spring Break. And in case you're wondering, as we were packing up and Chris was getting Annalyn out of the trash for the 3rd time this morning, he said to me, "I'm sorry. You were right."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment