Monday, July 16, 2007

Baby Dedication

I thought I'd better update before the month was out. I am having a lot of trouble remembering things I don't write down....immediately.... We've been busy doing a whole lot of nothing since last month. I am proud to report that AnnaLyn has stayed awake for 2 sessions of Speech Therapy, though she wasn't really happy about it. (It's not your fault Eva, really!!) PT and OT are going well too, though AnnaLyn does much more at home than at therapy. It's all about if she is feelin' it or not. Never again will I doubt a parent who tells me their child is doing something at home, but I can't get them to do it in therapy. For example, Babygirl will feed herself Cheerios all day long, until we get to OT. There she won't touch them, and Sharon thinks I'm terrible because I won't just bring her the Fruit Loops. She will also try to stand up in the middle of the floor at home, but in PT, Josie and Katie can't get her to do it. Last night she climbed right up the stairs to the stage at church without a hitch. She won't climb the ones in the therapy gym. I should have taken a picture I guess. Speaking of church...We had our Baby Dedication Ceremony last night. For those of you who don't know what that is, it is a formal ceremony where parents stand before the church and covenant to provide a Christlike example for our children. We promise to provide instruction and discipline and to raise our children to love the LORD and follow HIM. The Scripture we chose for AnnaLyn is 1Thessalonians 5:23-24. "May God Himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it." Besides running back and forth to therapy and doctor's appointments, we've pretty much just been hanging out around the house. The boys were pretty excited about the new Harry Potter movie coming out. They wanted to go see it opening night at midnight, but my midnight movie days are over for a while. They settled for the opening day matinee. Sawyer and Tanner had fun dressing up in character though as you can see. I didn't have enough brooms, so Tanner (of course) chose the Swiffer Wet Jet mop. He called it the "Aquabolt 2007" You have to be a HP fan to get it I guess. Harry's broom is called the Firebolt 2000. Anyway, Tanner was hilarious, as you can imagine. Yes, he's on the trampoline pretending to fly through the air on the Aquabolt 2007. He just has a good time, all the time. What a way to go through life. Not a care in the world. I hope he continues with his funloving attitude. He's just a fun kid to be around. That's all for now. Enjoy the pictures.

1 comment:

Jackie Sue said...

always love to read your posts. looking so forward to seeing you! much love