Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Happy Birthday Mocha Bunny
February 1 was Mocha Bunny's first birthday. Remember Mocha Bunny? On the day we got our referral call (Feb 1, 2007) we went to the Build a Bear workshop and created 2 Mocha Bunnies. One to send to the orphanage, and one to keep at home, just in case Mocha Bunny didn't make it back. Remember all the fiasco surrounding Mocha Bunny and her whereabouts? Go back and check the blog archives for February of 2006 if you don't remember that drama. Anyway, we celebrated with birthday cake and ice cream. We sang Happy Birthday to MB and the whole nine yards! (Any excuse for cake, right?) AnnaLyn was less than thrilled. There were no presents involved. (except the cake) I remember so well the events of that blessed day. It was a Thursday, and everyone was home because of a freak school closing. There was supposed to be snow, and it wasn't as bad as they had predicted, but they had already let schools out. Chris didn't go to work either. Rumor Queen had been predicting referrals any day, and I think he was afraid to leave me here by myself...again, go check the archives to relive the drama....good times, good times. Anyway, I had been totally useless all morning. I was glued to the computer and Rumor Queen. We're in, we're out, we're in, we're out. IMing my buddies in the group. Oh, the tension was high. I had prepared the video camera and made sure everyone in the house knew where it was, and how to operate it. The batteries were charged, there was a new tape..We were ready for launch....FINALLY....at 12:20pm the phone rang. I nearly passed out when the case worker told me who she was. I screamed for the guys to get the camera....Could they find it? Of course not. These people are hopeless. Well, through my tears, I managed to scribble down all the information she was telling me about our beautiful new daughter. Warner managed to get the old video camera to work, and Hunter finally remembered where I had said the good camera was, so we did get it on film. Maybe they're not TOTALLY beyond hope. How excited we were. Did I sleep at all that night? nope...the Fed Ex truck was coming in the morning with my baby's picture. Well, it DID snow that night, so the Fed Ex truck was delayed. I thought it would never come, but it finally did, around 3 pm and we saw our babygirl's picture for the first time. What a ride. I hope you enjoyed this little trip down memory lane. For the real experience, check those archives. I'm sure I left out some kind of drama.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a day that was! I saw from the photos that both Mocha Bunnies are home. Mocha...makes me think of Starbucks...want one? Missing you!
Post a Comment