Tuesday, February 5, 2008

You Know You're Old....

I must really be showing my age. (I didn't think 35 was that old!) I've had a rough month in this department. It started when our car needed repair. I went to pay for the repairs and the lady who took my money was behind a bank teller window. There was nothing to put my stuff on, so I was juggling baby, diaper bag, purse, billfold....you know the drill. I made the comment that this was either easier when the boys were young, or I had put it out of my conscious memory. To which she promptly replied, "Yeah, when those grandchildren come along you really feel your age." I guess I'll be needing to find a new repair shop. These people are obviously blind!! The very next day I went to a local restaurant for some coffee with my girlfriends. I wanted a crunchy cinnamon bagel. They were out. I wanted a strawberry smoothie. Out of strawberries. How about a peppermint mocha? Out of peppermint syrup. Good grief. Give me a sweet tea. I live in the south. It's a crime to run out of sweet tea. Finally, success. I asked her if she knew whether they were on my "smart card" ( a discount card that has several businesses on it...It takes a while to look at all the businesses on the card, and most businesses know if they are on the card or not.) She replies "We are not on the card." I quip that she has shot me down at every angle tonight. She replies, "I know..I feel so bad...We don't even offer a senior discount!" My girlfriends aren't gonna let me live that one down for a while. Tonight Tanner comes in and says, "Hey mom, they're having an 80's party at my friend's church. Weren't you alive in the 80's? What did they wear?" It's not enough that my favorite music is now considered "classic rock". Now they are having 80's parties. Stop the madness!! And pass the Botox!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Steph,
This is way too funny. And considering I just turned 41 2 weeks ago..... call me when you go for the botox.

LOVE YOU TONS,
Cinamon

Jackie Sue said...

Oh my! that little server needs a talkin' to! didn't her momma teach her any manners? Besides,there is no way you need a seniors discount!