Sunday, March 1, 2009
MRI tomorrow
Tomorrow will be a busy day. AnnaLyn has an appointment with her Opthomologist in the morning. We are expecting him to set a surgery date to correct her strabismus (crossed eyes). They are getting worse all the time. I don't really know how her vision is affected, but it must be. It makes me sick to think of that surgery, but if it's necessary, then that's what we'll do. Patching and the other things we've tried haven't worked. After the eye doctor, we head off to the children's hospital for her MRI. They will have to put her to sleep for that, so she can't have anything to eat after 3am, and only clear liquids until 9am. At least we don't have to keep her up all night again!! We aren't expecting the MRI to show anything. It's just a formality I think. We think she had another seizure on Tuesday night, but not as long as the other. This one lasted for only about 15 seconds. It was an "absence" seizure, where she stares off and you can't get her attention. She lost some of her words for a day or so afterward, but she's working on getting them back now. We don't know if that's seizure related or not. My baby girl is a puzzle. With all that said, she's doing so well. She is working on two word phrases now, like, "more please" and "bye mama". She is naming everything, and calls roll when we're all together. It's cute. She's doing well in preschool too. She knows all the other children's names, and calls roll there too. She is following a picture schedule. I watched her one morning last week and was amazed. She goes to her schedule, pulls off her card and goes to stand in line for the potty. And speaking of the potty, she poopied in the potty at school last week. YAY! Now I'm sure it was an accident, but, YAY anyway! At home she won't sit on the potty chair long enough to get it warm, much less poopy. All in good time. I've posted some pictures from the bowling field trip. Now, who on earth came up with that one. Why on earth are you goint to take 14 special needs preschoolers BOWLING??? AnnaLyn enjoyed it for about 10 minutes, then she was "aaaaahh done" (all done). Of course, this week, I didn't do her any favors either. A local restaurant was doing a fundraiser for her therapy facility and the children of SK and SK staff got to eat free. Free food....thats for me! What I didn't know was that it was a Fat Tuesday Mardi Gras party. Ummmmm...,a little overstimulating to say the least. It was fine until the band showed up. She even tolerated that for 20 minutes or so before covering her ears. I had to call Chris to come pick her up. (I wasn't giving up my free food if I didn't have to!!!!) By the end of the night, I was quite overstimulated as well. Oh well, a fun time was had by all. Enjoy the pics.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We will be praying that your day is uneventful. I think bowling is a wonderful idea for 20 minutes or so, then I hope there were snacks after the bowling.
We'll be covering AnaLyn in prayer from Maryland too....especially when it's time for the surgery. I know how concerned you must be about that....just remember God is in control!
The Callahans
Post a Comment