Saturday, December 29, 2007
Brain Freeze
Ok, I was on the phone while I was posting before. Now that I put the slide show up, I remembered some funny stories that must be told. First of all, the black and white photos were taken a few weeks ago on what has now become known as Black Saturday. We were scheduled to have family picutres made with extended family at 1:30 in the afternoon. Hunter got up early and went to work, Chris got up early and showered, as did Tanner and Sawyer. Not me. Saturday morning is "Hot Guy TV"
(That's Steph's term for HGTV on Saturday mornings....all the goodlooking guys are on then. I'm trying to get some projects started that I can't finish so they can come and declare me "Over My Head" and tell me I can't possibly finish by myself, but "Carter Can". Some HGTV humor for you.) Anyway, I'm serious about HGTV on Saturday mornings, so I didn't bother getting out of bed until 11 am. Much to my surprise, the septic tank had backed up and water (although I don't really think it was water!!) was standing 3 inches in the tubs, the toilets wouldn't flush....Panic!! I had to grab AnnaLyn and Warner and get over to Grandmary's house to get us all ready. It's hard to get everything together in a hurry, and I felt like I was putting GrandMary out because she was also trying to get ready. She'd never tell me if I did. Well, we got ready, but AnnaLyn and I were late getting to the picutre spot. I stopped through McDonalds to get her some Chicken nuggets in case she got grumpy. Then I got lost....Well, we finally made it, although, I was a little stressed out. After all that, the roll of film that had most of our pictures, and all of our color pictures got eaten by the machine, so all that was for nothing!! So enjoy those B&W's. That's all you get til next year! (BTW, it took all day for the septic guy to find the septic tank, then he broke the main line and had to replace it, then a week later we had to get him back out here again because the tubs wouldn't drain again and there was a tree root grown through the line...If it's not one thing it's your mother!!) Onward and upward....The dance pictures you see are of Tanner's Swing Club performing for an assisted living community just before Christmas. He's really good. he can flip that little girl all over the place. Pictures don't do it justice. You see me dancing wit his instructor. Tanner got a little ribbing from his friends over that one. "Hey, isn't that your mom with Mr. (whatever his name is)??" I do love to embarras my children, and they say I'm very good at it. hahaha. You also see Warner got his braces on this month. Doesn't he look adorable?? Ok, I think that's about it. Again, Happy New Year. Be Blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Dear Family,
First let me say how much we love and miss ya'll. I don't think a day goes by that my heart doesn't want to contect with your's on some level. Our girls share a homeland, a birth story, a forever family day, a birthday and they share families that love them both so much.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Thanks for updating your blog so we can see how your family is growing. Can Hunter get any more handsome???? I think not. And Tanner, I never knew he was so talented on his feet. Does He get that from his father's side of the family?... he must. Of course, I am always keeping an eye on Warner. Thanks for keeping up on his dental hygiene. And did I see that Sawyer got a haircut. It shows off his beautiful eyes.
As always you make me laugh with your stories.
Did I mention that we miss you? Hope we can plan a trip to visit soon.
Steph, Now I feel like I've had Christmas with your family! Thanks for the update. Thanks for the sweet picture in the mail, too. It's already up front and center on my fridge with all the other AWAA 123 Families who sent pictures! I pray God's richest blessings on you and your family in 2008.
Well, wasn't that a fun time you had?! So amazing that you live through it all to tell about it. Did I mention to you that our travel group is coming to Nashville on the 3rd of July? Well, I already told David that I would need to have extra time there to visit with you :) I LOVE the photos you posted...just adorable. Glad to know that you had a nice Christmas. The black and whites are beautiful! Love you.
Post a Comment