Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I know, 2 posts in one day. I'm behind, and if jackie can do it, I can too. Those of you who know me best, know that I hurt myself frequently doing the dumbest stuff. When I was a teenager I fell up the stairs and broke my ankle. Another time i turned a cartwheel and broke my wrist, then a week later I tripped over a stool and broke my leg. To say I'm a clutz would definately be an understatement. Well, I did it again today. I was trying on some sunglasses and poked myself right in the eye with the stupid tag. Oh my gosh, it hurt so bad!!! Well, it was irritated for several hours, but then it got really bad and I had to go to the doctor. She said I had a corneal abrasion, put a contact on it to serve as a bandage and told me to return tomorrow. In the mean time, she wanted to check my vision since I hadn't been there for 4 years. (oops) I've inured my left eye,so she checked my right eye first. Nothing fancy, just the eye chart with one eye covered. "Can you read this?" ummmm, nope. "How about this?" ummmm... "Ok, how about this one?" Ok, I got this one...C...N....Y???....no, T...well, maybe Y.......She switches to the other eye and politily says, "Are you still wearing your glasses?" yes, mostly at night because I can't see the tv very well from my bed. "Do you use them to drive?" No, not usually. "Well, you should....You're not legal to drive...Come on back in tomorrow and bring your glasses with you." oh....ok. I can drive just fine thank you. So what if I can't see the names of the roads until I have passed them. i know my way around, and they change the names of the roads around here all the time anyway!! Besides, one of my kids is always in the car with me, and they are more than happy to tell me where stuff is. Who needs glasses??

2 comments:

Tracey said...

Your so funnyI I just love you. And i remember the broken bones. Somehtings never change :-} Hvae a MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS and GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!
Love Always
TracEy

Jackie Sue said...

I'm so sorry you hurt your eye and also sorry that you have joined the ranks of those of us who must now wear glasses after not EVER needing before :) Take care...you make me laugh. love you