Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Merry Christmas Baby

I was so excited about putting up the Christmas tree this year. My thinking was, AnnaLyn will never have seen anything like our Christmas tree. I was so careful to hang all the heirloom and breakable ornaments at the top, and the ones I don't mind if she plays with near the bottom. My tree is a little out of balance, but it's still beautiful to me. We decided to put the tree up while AnnaLyn took a nap so she wouldn't be pulling all the ornaments out of the boxes before we were ready. When she woke up, we were all done and we had the video camera ready. I stood by the tree with the camera at the ready while Chris went to get the baby. We even turned down the lights so the tree would be mesmerizing. Chris put her down as he came into the den. She came straight to the camera. I moved closer to the tree. She moved closer to the camera. The child has yet to pay any attention to the large brightly lit and decorated tree in the living room. I was sure she would be fascinated by it. Once again, she has proved me wrong. She doesn't even seem to notice it. She hasn't tried to touch a package or an ornament or a light....nothing. The Kopicki's have the most beautiful pictures of Eliana looking at the tree. Her face is lit perfectly by the lights and she is looking with such wonder at this new thing. We can't even get AnnaLyn to look in the general direction of the tree. Isn't that funny? I would think that if I took a nap and there was no tree in my living room, then woke up to a tree, I would at least notice. I have the video, and I'm going to try to figure out how to get it on the blog. I have not had luck with that in the past, but we'll see. Until next time....

1 comment:

Jackie Sue said...

It has taken me WEEKS to complete my tree....oh my goodness.Well, its up now and Ellie is less than facinated too. Isn't that funny? Maybe they had trees with lights on them all over China and this is no big deal :)