
I am glad to note that AnnaLyn is feeling better. She still has a runny nose, and some congestion, but her fever only goes up at night, and not much at all. She is feeling better, but she seems very sad. I guess she is just still adjusting. She has hardly smiled since we've been home, and then not at all in response to anything but tickling. Today Chris and I went to lunch and an Asian family sat down behind us. AnnaLyn couldn't take her eyes off them. She craned her neck around to see them, so I put her in the seat next to me so she could see over the seat. She smiled at them several times. The Grandmother made kissing noises to her, and she smiled even bigger. It was all I could do not to cry. I know she must be having a tough time. We have whisked her away from everything she ever knew. Sights, smells, sounds...everything in her little world is upside down. It breaks my heart. I thought I was prepared for this, but there's a difference in knowing what's going to happen, and actually seeing her go through it. .....On a lighter note...her daddy was able to get her to eat some applesauce today. She isn't very skilled at it, but she is getting some down, I think. I've cut her bottles down to half milk and half formula so she will be hungry. So far it has just made her grumpy. We'll keep at it and see what happens.
1 comment:
It is a hard process, Steph, but she will adjust. Wish we were closer in proximity :) So glad to know that everyone is doing better physically. The emotional will follow I'm thinking.
Post a Comment