Sunday, January 28, 2007
Teenage Brains and Fortune Cookies
Well, it is just as I have long suspected. My teenage boys truly have underdeveloped brains!!! Chris and I attended a parenting conference this weekend and learned some fascinating information on how the teenage brain (yes, there actually is one) functions. Turns out, the frontal lobes of the brain, responsible for planning ahead, impulse control, seeing the consequences of actions..... are underdeveloped in kiddos until around the age of 20. (23 for boys) Well, that explains a lot. Very interesting stuff. If you have teenagers, you might be interested to read "Primal Teen". FYI.
There haven't been any rumors over the weekend, and I've been a good girl by staying off the computer for the most part. But I did get excited over my fortune cookie at Jade Dragon today. Chris' read "You will soon travel over warm waters for a fun vacation." Mine said, "Seek friendship and you will find someone special this month." Isn't that fun? Those will find their way to the scrapbook.
I can't wait til tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment