Tuesday, January 30, 2007

God is so good to me

Well, it has been another interesting afternoon at the Morgan house. I did receive an e-mail from USCIS regarding our immigration renewal. It said that the package I mailed on the 22nd was in the building, but not in the adoption affairs office yet. They expect to have it by the end of the week. They also asked exactly what I had mailed to them on the 30th of November. I e-mailed them back and told them that they should have everything they need and to please expedite the process. I emphasized that we are expecting a referral on Thursday of this week. They e-mailed me back again and asked if I had sent birth and marriage certificates with the original package. I can't remember, so I e-mailed them back again and told them to expect them to arrive tomorrow....and to please expedite the process. We do not have 6-8 weeks to wait at this point without disrupting our travel. Do you think they're getting the picture? Anyway, when I went to look for the birth and marriage certificates, they were not where I ALWAYS keep them. Good grief. I'm really glad God glued my head on at this point. I found copies and made them, but I'm still upset that I can't find the originals. I am usually very careful with that kind of stuff. Anyway, as the evening went on, I became more and more frustrated with myself. Always losing something, always forgetting something....And it seems worse lately. I began to cry and was just really downcast and disappointed in myself. I asked Chris to please please help me pray for the USCIS to get the papers all together, and just get our renewal done in plenty of time. We went to bed and as we were flipping through the channels we came upon a show called Love A Child. It's about children in Haiti. I wanted to watch it, because some friends of ours are adopting from there. So we left it there for a few minutes. After the commercials were over, three Bible verses appeared and were read in rapid succession. I can't remember the reference of all of them, but they all had to do with the LORD answering our prayers, and not worrying. One was out of Psalm, one from Isaiah, and the last from Mark 11:22-24. It says, "And Jesus answered saying to them, Have faith in God. Truly I say to you , whoever says to this mountain 'Be taken up and cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says is going to happen, it will be granted him. Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them and they will be granted you." God, you never fail to blow me away with your care for me.

No comments: