Monday, February 19, 2007

Happy New Year

Ok, so I'm a day late. What else is new?? The Discovery Center in our city hosts a Chinese New Year celebration each year. And this year as an added bonus, they have added a Monkey King exhibit that will be there for several more weeks. The Monkey King is a Chinese fable about a very smart monkey who outsmarted the Emporer.... and something about some peaches. Haha.
I'm not really up on the Monkey King stuff just yet, but from what I can tell, he was some kind of mischevious, and that makes him the monkey for me!! We didn't get to stay in Monkey King land for long. Jessica took one look at a TV screen with an Opera (Oprah? Operah? how do you spell that?) actor playing the part of the Monkey King, and Debbie and I couldn't put her down for the rest of the time. I tried to console her and show her it was just fun, as you can see from the picture, but, strangely, she became more afraid. (After I saw this picture, I see why.) So instead, we went downstairs to see the Dragon Dance. Poor Jessica. As if the Monkey King on TV wasn't enough, now we take her to see a real Dragon Dance. Amazingly, she did really good. Of course, she didn't move. And she didn't take her eyes off that Dragon. I think she may have been in shock. Sorry baby. You'll laugh about it someday. After your counseling sessions.

No comments: