Friday, February 23, 2007

Saddle up Prayer Warriors

I have a very critical prayer request. One of the families in our adoption group needs our prayers. Audra Gardner found out 4 days after receiving her referral for her baby girl that she has cancer, and it is spreading. She is having surgery today to have a portocath placed in her chest so she can receive chemotherapy. Chemo begins on Monday. The doctors are not giving her a % of beating this, but have told her it is worth fighting. They state her prognosis as "guarded". To make matters worse, AWAA has not yet made a decision on whether to let her go ahead with the adoption. They have told her that had she found out before referral, that the application would be suspended until she was healthy. I don't know what they'll do now. Audra and Steve need our fervent prayers. When we asked Audra specifically how to pray for her, she said to pray "for me to live and be healthy, and for Steve to be able to bring Andie home" Friends, I cannot imagine the pain this family is going through. Please lift them up in your prayers. As I said, Chemo begins on Monday, and the supervisor at AWAA (our adoption agency) will look into this on Monday as well. Pray for that supervisor to have compassion and grace in making the decision, and for God's ultimate will to be done here. Our God can do great things. Let's ask Him to move this mountain for my dear friend. Thank you.

No comments: