Tuesday, February 6, 2007
Opportunities
Memphis USCIS still isn't processing our immigration approval. This rollercoaster is almost as bumpy as the waiting rollercoaster. To make a long story even longer: Our immigration approval (from the US) expired February 3rd. They don't really offer a "renewal". You have to totally file for a new approval. In August we were refingerprinted (just in case we changed our fingerprints, you know.) In October we had a new homestudy done.(Which we needed anyway because we moved.) On November 30 we sent in all the paperwork the USCIS already has on file, including our new fingerprints, police records, and homestudy.($38) On December 11 we got notice that I had left a box blank on the form. I corrected it and mailed it back December 12. January 22 I received it back undeliverable and unable to forward. (Apparently the USCIS moved within 11 days and isn't having their mail forwarded. Which, when you think about it is really pretty amazing. USCIS has never done anything in 11 days time that I know of.) Funny. When I move, they always forward my bills to me. January 23 I Fed-Exed the package back to USCIS (the correct address this time and $38) and e-mailed them to let them know it is coming with a letter to please expedite. They sent me an e-mail back the following week saying to make sure we had included marriage and birth certificates. I couldn't remember if I had sent them or not, so I re-sent them via Fed-EX overnight on January 31st along with another letter asking them to PLEASE expedite, as we were expecting referral any day. ($38) They received and signed for the package on Feb. 1. I felt better, but I e-mailed them to make sure they now had everything they needed from me. On February 3 I received a letter stating they needed birth and marriage certificates. I e-mailed them again, telling them I had sent them and they had been signed for by R. Montgomery on Feb. 1. TODAY, 5 DAYS LATER I received another e-mail stating they do show that the documents arrived and were signed for, but they now can't find the documents. They "have followed every lead and can only assume they have been sent back to you" I need to re-send the birth and marriage certificates. UNBELIEVABLE!!!! So tonight I went to Fed-EX and copied the whole set of documents, copies of all e-mail communication, letters I have sent and received from them and sent them off along with my right arm. (Ok, just kidding about the right arm part) Of course, it was too late to get it there by tomorrow, so it won't arrive til Thursday. I seriously contemplated driving to Memphis and hand delivering it to them, but if you don't have an appointment, you can hang it up. In a few weeks I'm gonna look back on this and laugh. Maybe even tomorrow. Today I was talking to my friend Esther about the whole immigration thing and she was encouraging me. I gritted my teeth and said "I know, it's another opportunity to trust my Father" She rebuked me and said "Don't be sarcastic" She's a true friend. I was being sarcastic. I forgot, I'm not allowed to worry about this. It's my Father's . I gave it to him last week. Remember? So, do you think it's going to take me the whole 40 years to get through this wilderness,or will I finally learn to rest in HIM and enter the promised land HE has waiting for me?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Steph, It is true that the opportunities are endless to trust Abba....and it is also true that you have what it takes to enter the promise land. I will be praying that you can trust and that He will answer our prayers soon!!! Much love, JS...missing our chats :)
Post a Comment