Saturday, February 10, 2007

Mocha Bunny in Hong Kong

I finally got the care package mailed off on Thursday. Fed Ex couldn't ship it because they don't have the postal code for Gaozhou in their computer. UPS wanted to charge $250. Finally went with DHL, who charged $183 plus duties and taxes I wanted to pay up front so the orphanage doesn't have to. It wound up costing $211. to ship Mocha Bunny to China. Good grief.
The really funny part of this is that I read the other day that many of the babies are very afraid of stuffed animals and dolls and such because they've never seen one. Now, I, the mommy, have sent a huge talking bunny to my baby girl. Not only does the bunny talk, but she talks in my voice, in a foreign language to AnnaLyn. I can picture it now. On Gotcha Day, AnnaLyn says, "NOOOOO, don't make me go with her, she sounds like the scary bunny." I have just spent a lot of money to scare my baby and make her afraid of me before we ever meet. Leave it to me!! Anyway, I just tracked Mocha Bunny and she has made it to Hong Kong. Not much farther.

1 comment:

Jackie Sue said...

Now if you could just rent a big bunny suit for gotcha day she will be sure to recognize you....! You are too funny! love you!