Thursday, March 22, 2007

14 days

We got our in country itinerary today, along with the hefty price tag. We had $9544.00 in our savings account after paying for airline tickets and one night's stay in Hong Kong. Our cost for in country expenses (hotels, breakfast each morning, tours, transportation and 4 whole meals) was $9889.00. That left us with no spending money, and no food money. Apparently we will eat well in Beijing, but once in Guangzhou, we're on our own. I'm not sure I knew that before. Part of the expense is the fact that our guide booked 3 hotel rooms for us instead of the 2 that we asked for. (Actually, we asked for a suite and a room). She said it isn't that much more expensive to just get 3 rooms and everyone could have a bed. What they don't understand is that I just don't have it in me to keep up with 3 hotel rooms. It makes me tired to think about it. Besides, my kids sleep on the floor all the time. They all shared a room until 6 months ago. They can handle 2.5 weeks of it. From what I understand, the floor would be more comfortable than the bed anyway. They say the bed is a piece of plywood with a 4 inch matress on top. MMMMM Comfy!! I think everything is so much more expensive for our group because of the trade fair that is happening at the same time as our trip. I need to be glad they're even sending us this month, because the usually don't. I'm doing better about trusting that everything will be taken care of. God has ordained the time for us to go, and I believe He'll provide for us. I don't know how just yet, but I know He will. I got a new mailing from Joyce Meyer today. She sent a letter talking about the cause and cure for worry, and gave me some verses to meditate on. On time, Every time. Funny story of the day---Yesterday I finished packing most of the suitcases, including the snacks. The suitcases that are completely packed, I moved into the spare room to get them out of the way. When Chris came home he told me he was going to do something or other (I wasn't listening). I came down the hall and saw him coming out of the spare room with some boxes that looked familiar. (I wasn't wearing my glasses, mind you) I yelled "WHAT ARE YOU DOING???" He said, "I'm cleaning out my closet, like I said I was going to." "oh" I thought he had gotten into the suitcases and taken out the poptarts. We had a good laugh. I need to chill out. 14 more days.

1 comment:

Jackie Sue said...

You are soooo funny...I just love you! Chill...now that's a novel idea :)