Saturday, March 17, 2007

New Itinerary

Well, I know you aren't going to believe this, but our plans have changed. SURPRISE SURPRISE SURPRISE!!!! It's actually not that bad this time. Just stressful that I had to do it myself. On Thursday my agency advised me that they had in fact NOT made my airline reservations yet because they didn't have confirmation of my Consulate Appointment yet. They had expected it on Thursday, but no such luck. I actually did a little better with that news. See? I didn't even post it until now. Maybe I am learning a little something after all. So, on Friday, the agency called me back and said they had the confirmtion, but the tickets they had on hold for us had gone up. I found some tickets through a different airlines that was not much more and had a better arrival time. But I had to arrange them myself. Then I had trouble getting the baby's one way ticket. I couldn't book her one way with our itinerary. It had to be done seperately. Then when I went to book hers, they wouldn't let me because she was a minor traveling alone according to their computer. I panicked for a sec. But I called the airlines and they fixed me up. So here is our new itinerary: We leave Nashville at 6:30 am on the 5th, connect in Newark, and arrive in Beijing at 1:45pm on the 6th. On the 22nd we leave Hong Kong at 10:45am, connect in Newark, and arrive home at 6:50 on the 22nd. AND... since the rest of our group is leaving on the 21st, we are flying into Hong Kong on the morning of the 21st and spending one night there. They say there's really good shopping there.....Not that it matters, because I'm broke now. I thought we had more $$, but we're quickly running out after all the extra expenses adding up. And by the last day, I surely will be broke. Oh, well. Just another day in the life......19 more days.

No comments: