Monday, March 26, 2007

JUST 10 MORE DAYS!

I have to give a shout out to my hubby today. He came in last week and said he wanted to whisk me away for the weekend. He said he knew how stressed out I had been, and he wanted me to relax for a day or two. How sweet. I said..."NO"...absolutely not! I don't have time, where will the kiddos go, we don't have enough money for China, much less a weekend getaway, I have too much to do......Well, we compromised. We stayed in town, but I was grounded from any housework, kids, or the computer. Grandmary and Grandpa Tommy took care of the kiddos for the whole weekend. (Thanks again) We just goofed off the whole weekend. We went to breakfast at Cracker Barrell (at 10:30am), We went to the theatre and saw "Wild Hogs" (Hilarious, by the way) We went for Ice Cream late at night and Starbucks early Sunday morning. I really can relax when I put my mind to it. Thanks honey for insisting. Then Sunday afternoon, GrandMary and GrandPa Tommy had a "Would You Just Go To China Already" party for us. Lots of fun. I'll bet GrandMary is exhausted today. I got an e-mail from our travel coordinator today stating they have taken care of the hotel situation and we can expect a check for the difference in a day or two. ($1029.) I don't know if "taken care of" means we have 2 hotel rooms, or a suite and a room. I don't really care. I bought a couple of twin size air matresses to take with us. The boys can take turns sleeping on the floor. In fact, if the beds are as horrible as everyone says they are, Chris and I may take the air mattresses!!

2 comments:

Eileen said...

I didn't think the beds were that bad! I guess I'm the oddball there though. Have a great trip!

Jackie Sue said...

I think you will be glad for the airmattresses! the beds are ROCK hard...at least to me. So way can't wait to see you in Guangzhou!!! I wish I had a GrandMary!!!! love that! love you!