Friday, March 9, 2007

Travel Approvals are Here

We got word today that Travel Approvals are here from China. Our agency is working on making our Consulate appointments, which will give us firm travel dates. As it stands now, we will leave March 29th, and return between the 11th and 14th of April. Chris and I are mulling over the idea of leaving a day earlier than our group. Beijing is the home of the "World's Largest Skatepark". Now, how can we take these boys all the way around the world, and not take them to that?!? Chris is concerned that we won't have an interpreter for that day. I figure it won't be that big a problem, because we're just taking a taxi to the park and back. The guides can write the address on a card for the cabby. Once we get to the skatepark, it won't be a problem, because you really can't understand skateboarders, no matter what language they speak!! Anyway, Tanner is really excited about it, as you can see. (No, he hasn't fallen on his head. That's his happy dance) We have also heard about a really good amusement park with good rollercoasters and such that is in Beijing. Not so sure about that yet, because that would mean leaving 2 days earlier. And it's still pretty cold in Beijing. I don't do cold.......Memphis is finally processing our paperwork. Guess how I know??? I finally got a response from my last e-mail that said something to the effect of "We understand your urgency, but please give us time to do our work.....blah blah blah.......We hope to have your file finished by the end of the week." FINALLY!!! I just laughed when I saw that. Please give us time to do our work. ha. Anyway, hopefully, we will receive her immigration approval next week, and this will be finished.
......19 days and counting...........

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Congrats on getting your TA Stephanie! I can't wait to follow your journey in China!