We had our first baby shower on Sunday. It was so fun. I got all kinds of stuff I don't know how to work!!. Patty gave me an umbrella stroller. So cute. I remember these things being fairly easy to operate, but noooooo. Debbie issued the challenge.."OK, it's raining, and you have to get the stroller set up in a hurry....GO" As you can see from the pictures, that didn't go over too well. I pushed every lever and button, I pulled everything that looked like it could be pulled. No luck. I have a college degree for crying out loud...surely I can open a stroller. Nope...Patty had to rescue me. Then once I got it open, I couldn't get it closed again. I need to practice some more on that. Anyway, I got lots of gift cards (love those), some books, some clothes (even a dress for Mocha Bunny that matches AnnaLyn's), some goody baskets with all kinds of stuff in them, some baby dolls, a frog pod for bath toys. Lots of loot. Thank you again girls. Chris took a picture of me sitting in the baby's room with all the stuff. In the background is clothes I'm trying to get together for the trip. I'm trying to be organized, but the boys, Chris included, keep coming in and getting the clothes I've put aside. Well, I fixed them up. I packed everything in the suitcases, and put locks on them. Then I hid the keys and didn't tell anyone where they are. So there. (How many want to take a bet that I forget where they are and I have to cut the locks off???? Maybe I'll give a set to my neighbor today.) The girls at Special Kids are giving me a shower today. Can't wait. I love this baby stuff. It's a challenge to figure out what on earth to do with it! Travel Approvals are arriving from China. If ours come in this week, we'll likely travel on the 22nd of March. Yay!! That means we'll be back for Easter. Well, that means Chris and the boys will be back for Easter. If memphis doesn't finish processing my stuff, AnnaLyn and I have to stay in China until it's done. Not a good plan. I've sent them 2 e-mails since last week with no response, and another today. I also e-mailed Bart Gordon to ask for a congressional inquiry, but I haven't had a response from that either. God's got this. I'm not worried...I'm not worried.....I'm not worried. P.S. Tanner told me I look like a big ladybug in that red sweater. What do you think? Maybe "big" was the operative word??
Wednesday, March 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment