Monday, March 12, 2007

What a difference a day makes!

I had a few options on how to spend my day today. One was to mope around the house and wait to hear from Memphis and AWAA to return my e-mails and "what if..." myself to death. Naahhh. I did that all weekend. Over that. Another was to cook all our evening meals for the week today so I can just take them out of the fridge later in the week and warm them up. Naahh. That still involves me being at home and "what if"ing my self to death. I decided to go and buy the baby's carseat and have lunch with my mom. On the way to Nashville, I had a little heart to heart with God. I told Him that I really want to trust Him and accept whatever He has for us and that I'm sorry that my actions aren't showing that. I told Him that I really want to just let this whole thing go and not worry about it anymore. Then I started having a little pity party and bashing myself for having seen His awesome hand at work before, and yet not trusting Him now. He is so good. He reminded me that He is not disappointed in me. That He knew how I'd respond to these trials, and that it is for my own good...so I can look at my heart and see what it really looks like. He reminded me that it is only through the fire that we are purified and refined. It burns, but it's for His glory. In a little while I turned on the radio and God totally ministered to me through that too. (I love music) If you're not familiar with Christian music, then this will make no sense at all, but hang in there. The first song that came on was "Me and Jesus", which reminded that even when I think that nobody "gets it", Jesus does. The next song was "Shackles" which reminded me that Christ has already removed the shackels, so I can dance, and praise Him through my circumstance. ( I'm pretty sure the guy in the car next to me thought I was drunk or something, 'cause I was really lifting my hands and singing LOUD and praising, and my windows were down.) Then "Set Me Free" reminded me that Jesus has set me free from this junk, and my only job is to trust Him, obey Him and love Him. It was a much better day after that. (Well, except that I was praising so hard that I missed my exit and had to turn around. hahaha) Well, I got home and had an e-mail from Memphis.....The I-171H was issued today. We are waiting on FedEx pick up. MEM Adoption Unit YAY!!!! I e-mailed it to my agency, and this is what she said: Hi Stephanie, Thank you for your email. Very exciting to hear. Please fax/email a copy of the new I-171h tomorrow. We will begin working on your Consulate appointment. God Bless, Anna Nicolaisen Asia Program Director YAY AGAIN!!! GO GOD!!! "Each time He said 'My gracious favor is all you need. My power works best in your weakness.' So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may work through me."--2 Corinthians 12:9 Oh, yeah, I got the car seat, and it's soooooo cute. God took care of me there too. I had a coupon at home for $10 off any carseat. At home, being the operative word here. The little guy behind the desk said he didn't have a sales flyer that the coupon was in, so oh well. It would cost me more than that in gas to come back another day. When I got to the car and finally got the box unloaded from the buggy... (it was stuck. I must have been a sight. I hope that guy in the car next to me on the way to Nashville wasn't watching. He really would think I was drunk) there in the bottom of the buggy was the sales flyer with the coupon. I got my $10 back after all. My grandmother used to tell me that God takes care of children and fools. Well, there's proof.

1 comment:

Jackie Sue said...

Hey babe, I'm a fool with ya!!! I will rejoice when I don't take so long to get to the point of trusting!! I sure hope I have learned something through all this, don't you? He is faithful and I am celebrating with you that we finally submitted to Him and His mercy comes shining through! To our Great, Holy, Awesome and Sovereign God be all the glory! Celebrating with you all! Let's get to Guangzhou already and party!!!!