Friday, March 9, 2007

"I NEED OFF"

Several years ago, our family took a vacation to east TN. (Stop laughing....we're rednecks, and we're proud of it) We went to a place called "Ghost Town in the Sky". Chris remembered it from when he was a kiddo, and wanted to take the boys. It turned out to be not quite like he remembered, and we were less than thrilled. However, we got some pretty cool memories out of it. One of my favorites is when Hunter and Tanner were on the kiddie rollercoaster. It was old and rickety and rode real rough. Because the park was not crowded, the operator would let the kids ride over and over and not stop except about every third round. He asked, Does anyone want off?" Everybody but Tanner screamed "NO", so away they went again. (He was only about 3 or 4 years old at the time) Three more rounds of the really bad rollercoaster. This time when the operator stopped the ride and asked, Tanner had a look on his face, and tried to tell the operator to let him off, but everyone was screaming, and the operator wasn't looking at Tanner, so away they went. Three more rounds on the really bad rollercoaster. Finally, the operator slowed the train and Tanner waved his hands and screamed as loudly as he could before the operator had time to fully stop..."I NEED OFF!!!!!!" Guess where I'm going with this story.....I got a call from our Travel Coordinator today. She said she can not make our Consulate appointment until I have the I171-H in my hands. Never mind that it should be here next week. I have to have it in my hand. I asked if I can still travel with my group. Maybe. If the consulate still has an appointment available when I get the paperwork. Of course, that can't be the end of it....Then I came to check my e-mail to see if I've heard from good 'ole memphis....no, but there was an e-mail waiting from this same Travel Coordinator saying that the Guangzhou families (that's us) will not travel until at least April 5th because the Consulate there will be closed the last 2 weeks of March and are not accepting anymore appointments for the first week of April. Our other families in our group still get to travel on the 29th, so that's good for them, but I'm bummed that we won't all travel together. AND the 5th is a holiday weekend. What do you suppose that will do to our airline prices???? I NEED OFF !!!!!

No comments: