Sunday, April 8, 2007

Great Wall

Another tiring day, but not quite as bad as yesterday. We went to the International Church today. You must show your foreign passport to get in. The service is held in a hotel conference room that they rent each week. People from all over the world come here to worship when in Beijing. I missed BelleAire though. After that we went to the Jade Factory, and to lunch at the Friendship Store just outside the Great Wall entrance. Chris is getting hungry I'm afraid. The meal was good, but it didn't appeal to him, so he had a granola bar. I'm proud of the boys. They are trying new stuff and enjoying it. Then we went to the Great Wall. The boys had a race to the third tower. (Tanner won) It's unbelievably steep, and much harder than I thought. Very crowded, but the view from the top is spectacular. I wish the trees were blooming. It would have been so much prettier. Following the Great Wall, we had a traditional Peking Duck dinner. It was the best meal so far. Even the fish with the head still on was good. Warner and Chris tried the Duck, but were not fans. Some of our group went to an Acrobat show following dinner, but we were too tired and I needed to pack for our flight to Guangzhou tomorrow. I took 2 Benadryl tonight so I might get some sleep. I figured this morning, and in 72 hours, I've had a total of 9 hours sleep. ugh. We have an early morning flight to Guangzhou tomorrow, and we will get AnnaLyn in the afternoon. I can't believe this is finaly happening. I'll update again as soon as I can. Love you all. Happy Resurrection Day!!

4 comments:

Tracey said...

I love the pictures. Cant wait to see Annalyn. Hopefully tomorrow. After we ate at moms today Kim and me were trying to figure up what time it was there and when you would get Annalyn. Just wanted to let you know that im thing about you and your family and HAPPY EASTER!
Love
TracEy

W. Mark Whitlock said...

We're following your trip! When are due to arrive back in Tennessee? We'd love to meet you guys at the airport, if possible!

You're bringing back memories! We didn't get airsick, but Lauren got bus-sick on the trip to the Great Wall. Just think of it this way....you'll always have a funny story to tell about your trip, and you'll NEVER forget that first leg of the journey!

Can't wait to see the pics of AnnaLyn!!! Can you believe the time is finally NOW???

Kaye Whitlock---with Mark, Elisa, Michael, Lauren, & Meileah

W. Mark Whitlock said...

Praying hard for your sleep (those beds are just lovely, aren't they? add anticipation/nerves/excitement and it's nearly impossible!). And for AnnaLyn's adjustment to the concept of "family". May God let her know immediately that she'smeant to be with you as much as you know you're meant to be with her. Actually, praying for all of you to adjust to the sudden, new dimension your family will have from now on.

Lots of love,
Kaye Whitlock

Jennifer McKnight said...

Finally!!! What a joy to see your baby girl's pictures! I woke at 1:25am (2:25pm) and was so excited to think you might be holding AnnaLyn at that very moment! Praying for her quick adjustment to your love and the feel of a forever family! Love you guys! Can't wait until the 22nd! Love, Jennifer McKnight and crew