
Ok, I thought I'd better update you on the goings on since I last posted. We had to pack up on the 20th to go to Hong Kong on the 21st, so I couldn't update that day. Once in HK, I didn't have free internet acess, and I was soooo tired anyway. Sorry to have left everyone hanging. Sooooo....The 20th was relatively uneventful, except for one redneck story. Here goes. Hope you don't have a weak stomach. The Clifford Hotel was so wierd about stuff. I wiped up some spit up with a hand towel and forgot to put it in the bathtub to be picked up that day. They only left me one hand towel the next day. That happened to other couples as well. They wouldn't even let us check out of the hotel until they came and checked our rooms to be sure we hadn't taken anything. Many other odd stories like that, but we showed them!! Chris asked for 2 rolls of TP (He hadn't been feeling too good, and felt a spare roll may come in handy) The maid told him no. He thought she didn't understand him, so he held up the roll and 2 fingers, and she held up one finger and shook her head no. HMMM. Well, later, my tummy wasn't feeling so hot either and we used up the roll of TP. The next morning Chris came out of the bathroom with a little announcement. "Well, I guess when the maid picks up the towels this morning, she'll know what 2 rolls means!!".......Then we went to Hong Kong. That was fun. We stayed at the Silvermine Beach Hotel for one night. That sounds nice, doesn't it? Uh Huh. The only way to get to the hotel from the airport was either by public bus (which, upon arriving at the last station, we would still have to walk 10 minutes with our 16 bags and a stroller to get to the hotel) or by taxi (which we would need at least 2 of) We opted for the taxis so we didn't have to walk to the hotel with all our stuff. Well, after a very exciting taxi ride (by the way, in HK, they drive on the left side of the road, and the road to the hotel is mostly a one lane road with pull offs every now and then to allow oncoming traffic to pass. VERY SCARY) the taxis dropped us off in an alley behind the hotel. Not a nice looking alley either (is there a nice looking alley?) He told us to go up that alley and turn left to get to the hotel. I wanted to cry. We were so tired, the hotel didn't look anything like it did on the internet(There was no mention of walking with 16 bags and a stroller up an alley to get to the hotel in the internet page)....ok, fine. So, we get to the lobby of the very old and run down hotel, and they ask us if we would like some help with our bags. Yes, thank you very much. Enter 2 old ladies. Each old lady grabbed a bag (yes...A bag) and showed us the way to our room. (yes, ROOM, singular)....on the second floor...up the stairs, because there's no elevator. When we got to the stairs, I couldn't go up. Chris and I just looked at each other and howled!!! I laughed for 10 minutes at the bottom of those stairs. Hunter came back down to help me get the stroller up, and I was crying because I was still bellylaughing so hard. It was just more than I could handle. Well, they got us another room, and the beds were softer than at the Clifford, so we slept well. The next morning, we lugged our 16 bags and a stroller down the stairs and down the creepy alley to meet the taxis for one last scary ride in the Taxi from hell. We are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy to be home. I'll update again soon, but I hear the be`be`,so I gotta run.
2 comments:
always always love the stories! you make me smile...the towel story is GROSS ;) one of the worst! glad you all are home and settling in. Ellie turned one today...big party(not!)at home tonight with just us...but we will have fun with our hats and horns! Have a good day!
Stephanie, your baby girl is precious! I'm glad to see that everything is going so well for you guys and that you finally got to bring her home!~Jillian
Post a Comment