
Well, we're here. I'ts 2am here, but we went to bed around 6pm. We couldn't hold our eyes open another second. The flight was good, and not as bad as I had imagined, until the last 3 hours or so. We were all so tired, but the guys were troopers. The landing in Beijing was rough. We descended for a really long time, and the flight attentadnts served a meal just an hour before landing. I was hungry, so I ate. HAHA. That didn't last long. They gave us our entry paperwork to fill out just 15 minutes prior to landing, which would be fine if you didn't have 6 to fill out. Chris took 3 and I took 3. NOTE TO SELF: DON'T EAT THE FINAL MEAL ON THE FLIGHT. Sawyer and I got SOOOOOO sick. I was sick from filling out paperwork while landing (very rough landing that took forever) Then Sawyer got sick just looking at me with the bag on my face. Of course, there's a funny story to go with it. Sawyer looked a little green, and I wasn't feeling all that great, so I told him to get the airsick bag from the seat in front of him. He had that "deer in headlights" look, so I reached forward to get his bag for him, handed it to him, and threw up again. Sawyer tried to open his bag to throw up, but someone had stuck some chewing gum in it, and it wouldn't open, so he missed the bag and threw up all over himself. Warner gave him another bag, which he also couldn't get open because he was stressed out about having thrown up all over his favorite jeans, and everytime I tried to turn around to help him, I got sick again. It was a chain reaction for about 10 minutes. hilarious I'm sure. And to top it all off....I told the boys all morning on Thursday morning...."get an extra pair of jeans for your carryon....you never know" Of the six of us, who do you suppose didn't put extra jeans in his carryon?? Sawyer. And then came the 1 hour bus ride to the hotel. thank goodness Sawyer and I had the front seat, and we still got a little queazy. Not sure we could have taken much more. Traffic is nutty here. People just ride their bikes right out in front of the bus. I'm sure we ran over at least 3 pedestrians!! There are no traffic laws it would seem. People just drive wherever they want to go. Today should be even worse. Our bus driver is nicknamed James, because he drives like James Bond. "Dibs on the front seat please" I had trouble accessing the blog last night, and i can't view it here, so bear with me. Here are a few pictures. We love and miss you all.
3 comments:
Great picures. This how you really look?
Brian Freeland
I do mean the sleeping boys, by the way.
Brian Freeland
I didn't know they started selling Buicks in China.Be Safe!
Dennis Petty
Post a Comment