Thursday, April 12, 2007

Shopping

We've had another fun day. I am sleeping much better(with the help of a little blue pill!) We went shopping on Shiaman (sp??) Island. Amy, our guide gave us 2 1/2 hours, but that wasn't nearly enough! We only hit 3 stores in that amount of time. The boys bought their swords, and I got some shoes and some silk outfits for AnnaLyn, and one for myself as well. We had lunch at a place called Lucy's. Very good hamburgers. Our guide, Amy, told us to beware of pickpockets while shopping, so we were on our guard. 3 people came up to Tanner and were "interviewing" him, asking why he was in China. When Chris and I walked up behind him with the baby, they cornered us and asked why we were adopting a Chinese baby. We tried to explain, but she couldn't really understand us very well. (Must be the southern accent) She thought we were going to move to China to raise the baby, and couldn't understand that AnnaLyn was going with us to America, and is our daughter. As far as I know, they weren't pickpockets, or we didn't have anything worth picking. Anyway, Chris was keeping a very close eye on them the whole time. AnnaLyn is coming out of her shell a little. The picture here is of her laughing while I'm tickling her. She giggled at Hunter some today too. We still aren't tolerating anything in the mouth but a bottle, as you can see. Tomorrow, we'll shop Shiaman Island again. Martha and Deb, maybe tomorrow I'll remember the list and $$ you sent along. Tomorrow night we have to pack to move hotels because the trade show is starting on the 15th, and the hotel prices are going up here. I dread that!! Oh well. More tomorrow. Love you all.

No comments: