
Hello again. It's Steph. I actually slept for 7 hours last night. Yay!! A friend gave me some Ambien at dinner last night, and it did the trick. I woke up at 5am, instead of 2. Then I took a nap while Chris and the boys walked around town (actually around the block. You take your life in your hands crossing the street here.) AnnaLyn had a good day today. Many of the babies are grieving hard, but she seems ok. She is making eye contact with me and her daddy more. Today, she let Hunter play with her for a long time, and made eye contact with him a little. Yesterday she reached out for Sawyer, but she wouldn't have anything to do with him today. This afternoon, when all the boys were in the room with us, they were trying to play with her. Apparently it was too much for her and she ignored them all. If one would put his face near hers to get her attention she would stare right through him, then close her eyes and shake her head "no" She prefers just a few people around her. If more than 3 or 4 people are around she sucks her fingers and buries her head in my chest. She ate some applesauce last night at dinner, but today, she won't have anything to touch her mouth. Not a Cheerio, not a spoon, not a noodle, nothing. Ok, SK staff...what do I do?? Are you saving me a spot in the next feeding group? I know how to get her to choose a spoon over a sock, but I don't know how to make her use the spoon!! hahaha.(by the way, that last comment only makes sense to the Speech Therapists i work with, so don't feel like you have to try to figure out what I'm talking about) She is pulling up a lot more now and today she started cruising around her baby bed. She still doesn't want to sit up for very long, but she will lay on her belly for a long time to play. Tonight we had our first play date with another family in the group. They have TWINS! Soooo cute. AnnaLyn enjoyed playing with them and actually made a few little grunts and "ba ba's" toward them. She shared her toys nicely, and half smiled at the babies. OK, time to go to bed. Shopping tomorrow. Got to be well rested for that. We love you and miss you all.
1 comment:
You know that we are hanging on every moment to see when you post next. Cannot wait to see you guys. Everyone at church was asking about you and I kept telling them to visit here to see all the buzzzzzz!!!
Miss you all!
Deb
Post a Comment